[100% Unique Papers] Ge Healthcare Nextgen Practice
Healthcare computerized systems can provide administrative functions in the areas of scheduling, admissions, billing, accounting, and human resource management. These systems are used to support the management functions and general operations of the health care organization. Central to the implementation of any administrative computerized system is the readiness of the healthcare organization to address training requirements to ensure patient confidentiality as required by the HIPAA privacy and security standards. In this assignment you will create an action plan to implement training to ensure compliance with these HIPAA standards. Your training action plan will be specific to one of the administrative healthcare systems noted below.
- Review the article “How to Create an Effective Action Plan (Links to an external site.)” at http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Effective-Action-Plan (Links to an external site.).
- Review the article Integrating Hospital Administrative Data to Improve Health Care Efficiency and Outcomes: “The Socrates Story” (Links to an external site.).
- Choose one of the administrative healthcare systems below and research the basic functions and purposes of the system.
- Revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions from GE Healthcare
- NextGen Practice Management
- NextGen EDI Services
- API Healthcare
- Arcadia Health Care Solutions
In your Action Plan:
- Describe the function and purpose of the administrative system selected.
- Review the two HIMSS webpages: Spotlighting the Reality of Security Incidents and Other Cybersecurity Concerns in Healthcare (Links to an external site.) and Sample Risk Assessment for Cloud Computing in Healthcare (Links to an external site.).
- Identify the HIPAA privacy and security concerns specific to your selected system.
- Address at least five HIPAA privacy and security concerns specific to your selected system.
- Describe your plan for archiving and retrieving health information in case of a natural disaster.
- Describe how you will address the information security training requirements for the product you selected.