[100% Unique Papers] New Browser Window Resources
Competency 1: Foundations of Reading Instruction – 60 In-service Hours Teachers will develop substantive understanding of six components of reading as a process: comprehension, oral language, phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, and vocabulary.
Candidates will demonstrate substantive understanding of the reading process by creating and presenting a PowerPoint on each of the 6 components of reading.
- Candidates will read selected articles in Module 1, listen to and view videos, and participate in class discussions related to the six components of the reading process.
- Candidates will use Module 1 sources to closely read about the components and create a PowerPoint on each of the components. Included in the PowerPoint will be the name of each reading component, what each one means, and examples of strategies to teach it.
- The PowerPoint will answer the questions below for each component:
- What is the component?
- What does it mean? Give examples.
- What are ways to teach it? (At least 2)
- On a Word Document: Candidates will write a single-spaced one page summary with a reflection of their understanding of the six components of the reading process.
This tool needs to be loaded in a new browser window
- The Reading Process (Links to an external site.) (MLO1, MLO2, MLO3)
- Reading Strategies (MLO1, MLO2, MLO3)
- Oral Language Strategy ( (Links to an external site.)MLO1, MLO2, MLO3)
- Supporting Oral Language Development in a Language-Rich Environment (MLO1, MLO2, MLO3) (Links to an external site.)
- Crazy Professor Reading Game (MLO1, MLO2, MLO3)