[100% Unique Papers] Word “ Trifles ”
I need help with this
Susan Glaspell’s play “Trifles” (pgs. 693-703)
1. Title Implications: Explain what the word “trifles” means. Do you think it is a
2. Symbolic Setting.
Where is the murder site/ farmhouse located?
B. Inside the house:
List two things that let the audience “feel” how literally cold it is:
3. List three significant details that are evidence of a poorly kept kitchen:
4. Thumbnail Sketch: Make a comment about each of the characters (one sentence)
A. Attorney Henderson_________________________________________________
B. Sheriff Peters ______________________________________________________
C. Mr. Hale __________________________________________________________
D. Mrs. Peters ________________________________________________________
E. Mrs. Hale _________________________________________________________
5. List two “put down” comments the men make against women:
6. Why does Mrs. Hale get upset with the men talking about Mrs.Wright?
7. Why do you think the women hide the dead bird?